Due to an ageing UK workforce, more women will work through their menopause than before. Many women are unaware, and so, unprepared for menopause and may experience debilitating symptoms. Raising awareness through education to normalise what is a taboo subject, is crucial to create an inclusive workplace.
When employees feel a sense of belonging it drives increased positive performance. Inclusion in the workplace is crucial as it produces happier, positively engaged colleagues. Understanding who your employees are and the challenges they may face is key. Achievable by giving menopause a voice and sharing that voice with your entire workforce which is what this course is all about.
Topics / Areas Covered
Over this course we will cover:
- Understand what menopause is and how it can affect work, home, and social life.
- Learn about menopausal symptoms, triggers, and misconceptions.
- Menopause in the workplace, making reasonable adjustments.
- Identify hot tips to support colleagues, family, and friends.
- Guidance on how to get the menopause conversation started, normalise menopause and develop a menopause friendly culture.