The role of menopause champions in the workplace is crucial in ensuring employees are supported as they transition through menopause. Training champions to be subject matter experts provides value to organisations as they play an active, ongoing role in ensuring menopause initiatives remain lively and relevant.
Enthusiastic about helping others, menopause champions generally have experience of menopause and are comfortable talking about it. In action, they are conversation-starters, a ‘listening ear’ and with training can signpost employees to get internal and external support. Champions can be instrumental in creating, facilitating and embedding menopause initiatives, whilst contributing to the objectives of your organisation.
Topics / Areas Covered
Over this course we will cover:
- The menopause, what is it and how it can affect colleagues at work.
- How to start the conversation about menopause at work.
- Supporting colleagues through menopause.
- How to be part of the solution following menopause training – what to do next!
- Roles, responsibilities and boundaries.