Having a qualified Mental Health First Aider provides a point of contact for employees who are experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress as well as promoting a greater understanding of the importance of mental health and ending stigma and discrimination around mental health in the workplace.
This course is designed to raise awareness of mental health in the workplace and reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues.
The two-day course qualifies employees as a Mental Health First Aider in the workplace by giving them the practical skills to spot the signs of mental health issues.
Topics/ Areas covered
Over this course you will cover:
- Understanding mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- How to spot signs of mental health issues
- Stepping in, reassuring and supporting a person in distress
- Enhance personal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- How to help someone recover their health by giving them further support